Monday, June 27, 2011

Blockwork Orange Quilt-FINISHED

 This was a great quilt to work on.  This quilt is the product of a swap I did called, "A Blockwork Orange".  We all used Elizabeth Hartman's tutorial of a crazy nine patch block and made as many as we wanted to swap. 
 I got mine back a month or so after handing them in and was very excited at all the great blocks!  I incorporated some more of the blocks that I made that included a square containing grey because I knew I wanted to used Kona charcoal for my sashing and border.  I love how it ties into the blocks so well.  I also bordered the block groupings with Kona Snow.
 This ended up being quite a big quilt and for some reason, the picture below is the best I got of the front of the quilt... (seriously!?!)
 It was really hard to find the right backing for this quilt and I am not sure I did it, but I found a fabric that had orange on an off white background.  I think it works well.
I bound the quilt with a scrappy binding made up of my leftover orange fabrics that I used for my own blocks.  I love it, it looks awesome. 

Still don't have a plan for this one yet!

4 comments:

  1. This is really neat! First, I love the name. That's hysterical. The colors are fab - the dark charcoal really sets off the orange nicely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, I am so impressed. I also love the name, I did a lol when I saw your link on Manic Monday and just had to come and see - what a quilt, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt! I love all the orange! Found you via SewHappyGeek! Nice to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I wanted to let you know I featured your link on SewHappyGeek's Feature Friday! Thanks so much for linking up, and if you want, go grab a button! :)

    ReplyDelete