Monday, June 27, 2011

Batch of Brownies Quilt- FINISHED

 This next quilt was really fun to make.  Mostly because I was in love with the fabrics and colors and that always makes quick work for a quilt. 
 I used Elizabeth Hartman's "Practical Guide to Patchwork" pattern "Batch of Brownies" (with a few modifications).  As you well know, I don't like to go exactly as the pattern says!
 Because I feel the need to have a quilt big enough to wrap myself in, I added some spacing between each block and each row and I also added a border to add to the quilt size.
 The fabric I used is from Art Gallery and is the Modern Affair line.  I bought it along with the Kona solids in a bundle from Sew Fresh Fabrics on Etsy.  Sometimes when my brain isn't working right or when I am buying fabric online and am not sure of the colors, I really love the fabric bundles.
 I used a fabric from the same line featured on the front for the back.  I LOVE the back!
 The quilting was done by my mom on her long arm.  She used a silver thread and I think it was the perfect match for this quilt.
Still not sure of my plans for this one yet... it's in my craft room for now piled on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment