Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's been awhile...and IQF

Hello my fellow readers!  Well, it has been awhile since I have posted anything on this poor neglected blog.  I am sorry!  Suddenly life got a little crazy for me and I realized quickly that I needed to pull back on a few things to focus more on my family and make sure all that needed to be taken care of was actually being taken care of.  Every time I have a new child, I usually go through a period of time where I need to look at my life all over again and figure out what things are important to me and what things need to take a back seat.  This is sort of what happened to me the last couple of months.  The baby also started being awake a lot more and needing more attention and two of my children were in baseball/softball which had us out of the house almost every night.  It all just got a little crazy and I realized quickly that I wasn't going to be able to blog for awhile.  I do appreciate everyone's well wishes and concern.  Hoping that I will back from here on out, but you never know!!


In other news, I am lucky enough to live in Houston and was able to attend the International Quilt Festival for the first time!  It was lots of fun and I wish I had more time to go look at more of the gorgeous quilts that were there on display, but honestly, I spent most of my time spending money and buying fabric and sewing toys!  I snapped very few pictures but I thought I would share what I did take a picture of.
I went to IQF 3 seperate days and spent time with my aunt and my mom (the three of us pictured above), met up with my local guild members another day and went with some friends of mine the last day.  Of course, I only took one picture that first day, but I had a blast with everyone I went with!
 This is a random quilt to take a picture of (don't worry, I asked first!) but I am in the process of thinking about what sort of quilt I want to make for my daughter's teacher this year and loved this idea of using hand prints.  This particular quilt might be a better idea for one of my younger kids' preschool teachers but I thought it was just really creative.

 There was some AMAZING quilting to see while we were there.  I am on a quest to improve on my long arm quilting skills and perhaps one day I will be able to pull something like this off... or not.
 Another pretty random quilt but I liked how they did a simple ruffle in between each strip.  This would be a CUTE baby quilt!  (The sailboat quilt is pretty cute too!)
 I also scored a fat quarter bundle of Moda Reunion which is due out in February.  I'm in love with this fabric line.  I especially like the fabrics that use the basic primary colors in modern ways.  LOVE!
Also during Market and Festival, my Houston Modern Quilt Guild hosted a couple of get together for the Modern Quilt Guild.  I attended the first meetup which had mostly the people who went to Market (like "famous" bloggers, fabric desingers, quilt designers, book writers, etc).  I was such a nerd while I was there because I got to say hi to some of my favorite people who inspire me to make new things.  While there, I won this fat quarter bundle by Cloud 9 fabrics.  This line is out now!  I was so excited to have won!  My friend, Laurie, who came with me also won a gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop.... we were so thrilled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment