Wednesday, May 4, 2011

3x6 Bee-2nd Quarter

 I joined the 2nd quarter of the 3 x 6 Mini Bee.  This is a bee where you have three months to finish off 6 blocks (of the same pattern) for 6 different people (and yourself if you choose).  I had such a hard time coming up with what to do!  I made 3 of one block but decided it wasn't really me, then started on another block but they weren't coming out real uniform, then I finally settled on doing log cabins.  Wasn't real original of me since I didn't even realize another hive member had also done log cabins... ugh, this preggo brain.
 Anyway, I was frantic to finish them before Mason comes, so this is what I came up with and it worked out fine because the other log cabins that the other hive member made look very different.  Each hive member chooses the colors and we each pull from our own stash.
 This one is actually mine... grey, green and blue.
 Mardene chose purple, yellow and aqua.
 Anna chose red, pink and blue.
 Nicole chose yellow, blue and grey.
 Kat chose orange and aqua.
 Becky chose orange, green and yellow.
Jane (our hive leader)- chose red, white and aqua.

In the end these were actually really fun, but I think I stressed out too much about it.  Sometimes I really ought to learn to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment