Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jelly Roll Skirts

As the end of the month nears, I always find myself looking for something else to do.  My bee blocks are done by this time and I have usually completed some sort of quilt project and am looking to branch out a bit.

So, I decided to make my girls each a skirt.  I found the skirt tutorial for the skirt on the left (with a couple modifications), which I made for Elise, on Moda Bake Shop.  After finishing it, I was left with quite a bit of the jelly roll left over so I decided to make Maggie a skirt too.  I whipped that second skirt up in about an hour, probably less.
I added ric rac (how do you even spell that!?) to the bottom of each of the skirts.  The girls wore them to church this past Sunday and they looked so darling!  I used Moda's Basic Grey's Origins, which happens to be what they used in the Moda Bake Shop tutorial... I just happened to have it in the stash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment