Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Twelve Month Quilting Bee- March- Finished Quilt!

 In my Twelve Month Quilting Bee, I started our group off and sent off a bunch of Ty Pennington's Impressions line and was so pleased with what came back to me!  I had them all do wonky log cabins and they were so fun to make and receive back!

 I had the quilt top finished a couple weeks ago, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the back.  I ended up settling with the cheapest option and went with some Kona Black... the same as is on the borders.
 Here is a closeup of the quilt top and a few of the blocks.  I've really gotten a lot of compliments on just the quilt top.  I like it too.
 My mom did the quilting on her long arm machine and I think the pantograph that we chose is perfect for this. She used a varigated chartreuse and yellow thread but it kind of looked the same color.  Regardless, I think the light thread on the black is really striking and beautiful!

Here is a closeup of the quilting.  You really can see it all so well.  It looks awesome!

So, big thanks to my swap buddies.  I hope I can provide them with as nice of blocks as they provided me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment