Monday, May 16, 2011

PURE baby quilt

 Here is a baby quilt that I just finished up.  I originally started it thinking that I wanted to make a quilt for my own baby, but after doing an inventory, the boy has PLENTY of quilts already so I plan on this going to a friend who is having a boy. 

 I saw the Moda Pure line in my LQS and it was just one of those lines that every time I was at the store, I found myself over by it.  The local shop only had a couple of the fabrics, so I went the cheap route and bought a couple charm square packs online.  I cut up some of the charms in half and left the others alone and just sewed them all together!  Really easy, really simple and really fast.
 Even though I had plenty of squares left over (I used about 1 1/4 packs of charm squares), I went for the plain backing.  It is the light blue striped fabric from the same line. 
My mom quilted this quilt using a curl pattern of some sort.  I think it is simple and perfect.
Here is a closeup and I think the blues and browns look really great together.  Should be a nice gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment