Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Basic Ease- FINISHED

 For the Quilting Book Club, the first month's pattern was BASIC EASE from the "Modern Basics" Book.  This quilt took no time at all.  The pieces were big and went together very quickly.
 I had a bunch of orange hanging around and went with that route for the quilt.  I also used Moda Snow (which is very different in color to Kona Snow by the way... don't ask me how I know that!).
 I quilted this baby myself!  I used a floral pantograph that is very similar to the flowers in the quilt so I think it was a good fit.
 My quilting is improving!  This is quilt #2 on the longarm for me.  It is lots of fun to use that machine!  The quilting still isn't perfect which is why I've opted for a color of thread that blends in very well, but unless you inspect it closely, you can't tell.  So, I am still proud of it!

 For the back I used Amy Butler's orange dots.  I love I nice dot fabric and this certainly is one of them.  I also bound the quilt using the backing fabric and the print fabrics from the top for a scrappy look.

Here is Basic Ease along with my Posie Patch quilt hanging in my sewing room.  My walls finally aren't bare anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment