Saturday, July 16, 2011

Feeling Inspired

 Since having Mason two months ago, my quilting time has gone down a lot.  It's sad, but I also get to spend time with a really cute baby.  Nonetheless, it seems most of my quilting now is making sure my bees are caught up and working on quilts made from beemates.  Well, I am starting to feel like I need to do a project of my own.  With a couple of swaps and bees ending soon, I am starting to think about what I would like to work on.  Here are a few quilts that I saw at the West Houston Area Quilt Show that are inspiring me right now:
 I love the perspective on this block one above.  Though I can already tell that is a whole lot of little pieces and I am not sure I am up to snuff for something like that quite yet!
 This one is certainly doable.  I pretty easy pattern actually it seems and very bright... I think that is why I liked it.  Most of the quilters for this particular show (when I went back in April), are more traditional quilters.  Which I love and appreciate, but just aren't me.
I have yet to do a circle/drunkards path quilt and I am actually really eager to try it out.  Perhaps this will be next on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment