Monday, July 11, 2011

First Quilting EVER!

 I've made many quilts, but have been spoiled by a quilting mother.  She has a longarm machine, so it was all to easy to just send my quilts to her.  However, since I am now not pregnant anymore and whipping out these quilts "too fast", according to her, she said I had to learn for myself!  So, I entered longarm training: an intense day long event to better familiarize myself with the machine and technique of longarm.  So, I quilted a quilt for the first time last week!
 This quilt is part of the The Quilting Book Club.  It is called Posie Patch and is from Amy Ellis' "Modern Basics book".  I used mostly Modern Meadow fabrics by Joel Dewberry.  The pattern is simple but has helped me improve my skills with triangles and matching up my seams.  It looks beautiful and I am really happy with the finished product.  It hangs in my sewing/craft room!!
 If you look close enough, you can see that the quilting isn't perfect... it is my first one though, but I really couldn't be more happy about it.  Using thread that doesn't show the quilting certainly helps.  I am excited to get another quilt on the racks and get going on my second quilting job!
In other news... I am getting excited to start putting these together:

4 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! You are very lucky to have a long arm machine to use although I think I would find one a little scary :)

    Katy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on both the piecing and long arm quilting. Your post made me laugh-------we used to say our grandmothers used to hand quilt------now we say our mother is a long arm quilter. Sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just wonderful!It is a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete