Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August Bee Blocks

 I really love participating in bees.  That being said, I had a really busy month for blocks.... lots of time consuming blocks as well as blocks with batting which cost a bit more in postage.  In a way it was a good realization to me to perhaps participate in a few less bees and do more of my own creating.  It seems like with another child in our home, I have less quilting time, so I have less time to work on what I want to work on.  --- Nevertheless, it really was great to work on these blocks!

 Do Good Stitches:  We were given an inspiration picture and were asked to make two blocks in whatever shades of grey we want:

 Fat Stash Bee:  We were asked to make a confetti block in the prints provided to us:
 Aqua and Orange Bee:  This one was a first for me... we were asked to make two blocks that contained a circle, the letter K and a vespa.  For some reason I only took a picture of one of the blocks:
 Aqua and Red:  We were asked to make wonky stars.
 Christmas Fabric Bee: We were asked to make these drunkard's path circles.

 Twelve Month Quilting Bee:  Asked to make stars from some Sugar Skull fabric.
 Always Bee Learning:  We made cathedral windows-- this thing is huge (like over 24" by 24") and weighs a ton.  This took forever, I won't lie.  Of course, this particular bee is about learning new things and I certainly did.  This is a hard one to give up!
 Bee Connected-  We were asked to make log cabin Quilt As You Go blocks-  I left these untrimmed so she could cut them as she pleased.


 Sew 2 Speak:  We made log cabin-ish blocks from this GORGEOUS Neptune fabric.  I love this line.

 Sew 2 Speak:  This was actually a July block but never posted it
 Christmas Fabric bee:  These are some SMALL pieces in this block.  The finished product is great, but I didn't enjoy the process.  Kari was smart to have other people do this one!  This also took quite awhile!

 Sewn Together:  Bottled rainbow... this one also has batting that she will trim after she receives it.  This is a popular block right now on flickr.  Great for scraps.
I also finished up my 4x5 Bee blocks this month.  They aren't due until October, but I wanted to get a jump on these!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have been busy. I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete