Monday, August 8, 2011

For the Love of Solids Preview

 I joined a group called "For the Love of Solids" which is a swap.  You are given a secret partner and their information about what they would like in a swap.  The person I got is completely lovely, makes wonderful things and has great taste.  However, she requested a bag, purse or a tote and wants whatever she gets to have lots of pockets and zippers and pockets with zippers.  I have only been sewing since February and leaped into piecing quilts right away.  So, my skills for sewing items besides quilts are rather limited.  I can make a very small bag and maybe could put one zipper together on several tries and could probably figure out how to make a multi-pocket pocket, but it just wouldn't look very good.

SO- I had a huge dilemna on what to make.  So, I told myself to go ahead and make something that is generic enough that anyone could find something to like and make it the best you can.  Hopefully she will love it as much as I do.  I can't show it all since I haven't mailed off the package and this supposed to be SECRET, but these are the previews that I put up on flickr.


So, I plan on sending this item, along with a pile of fabric and hope the extra yardage will make up for me not making exactly what she wanted.  I am very nervous about the reaction, but I think she will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment