Saturday, April 30, 2011

Charms Framed

 I have to tell you, this quilt has turned into one of my favorite quilts!!  I just love how bright it is!  You really can't be in the company of this quilt without being happy!
 Lucy, who just can't help herself, on top of my completed quilt.

 This quilt was completed using 2 charm square packs of Free Spirit Fabrics' Tea Garden collection.  For the top, I cut each charm square in half and sewed in either Kona white or the pink colored Kona (can't remember what I used!).  I put the squares in groups of four, sewed them together and then framed them with Kona Corn Yellow.  Then I used that Kona green/blue (I'm sorry, don't remember that name either).  Really easy, and great result!

 For the back, I just used whatever left over charm squares were available and sewed them all together into a square.  Then I did the opposite framing as the front.  I love a pieced back!
The quilting was done with a varigated thread and I love it!  It shows up awesome on the bold/plain Kona fabrics.  I used the pink fabric as the binding and I love the way that it really pops!  I think it's great to be able to buy a couple sale packs of charms and throw in some on-sale solids and have a great quilt!

This beauty resides in our family room, usually found with a child inside :).

No comments:

Post a Comment