Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lattice Quilt-FINISHED

 Awhile back, I finished this Lattice Quilt.  I got the inspiration from Oh Fransson, but made a few modifications.  I wanted it to be bigger than her instructions called for so I made the blocks a bit bigger, added an extra row of blocks and added a border around.
 The fabric is Moda Sandy Gervais Lovely.... I used a fat quarter set and then bought the yellow and blue you see for the sashing and border... both are Moda but a different line... sorry not sure what.
 I've seen on a lot of blogs that husbands hold of the quilts for their wives and they look pretty happy to do so.  My hub was not so excited about it so this will likely be the last time he helps model my pretties.
 I pieced the back with what I had left!  I used the extra 5 blocks I had and strips of extra fabric along with Kona Snow.  I did a scrappy binding done with the leftovers I had of the fabric from my fat quarter stack... I am telling you, I had JUST enough!
 The quilting is gorgeous.  Done with a varigated thread... thanks mom!
 The quilting is especially striking on the solid colors.
I really love this quilt and it is currently being used in our family room.  The kids cuddle up in blankets every day and it always makes me smile when they've got one of mine on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment