Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lily & Will goes neutral

 Another friend, another baby, another surprise for the gender!  I have been in love with Moda's Lily & Will line since it came out.  Seriously, it is beautiful fabric!  As I was shopping with my mom at our LQS, they had pinks, blues and browns but no yellows or greens for the line!  So, we bought the browns and found some other really cute matching fabric (there is a star print and a sheep print that are that same soft yellow).  We also used some Moda Bella Snow which is actually a yellow color unlike the Kona snow which is more of a white/off white color.
 For the top I used a basic blocks and squares.
 The quilting was done by my mom.
I had to piece the back and it ended up looking a bit more like a two- sided quilt.. bonus.  And look at Lucy... she wanted this quilt bad.  Too bad for her.  Aimee received this quilt at her shower a couple weeks ago and loves it.  I am anxious to hear whether she has a boy or a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment