Saturday, April 30, 2011

Teachers love Punctuation

 When I saw the Moda Punctuation line... I was in love!  I have a think for those reproduction lines and this was a nice introduction to working with those types of fabrics.  I've seen some quilts that look like this in quilt shops, but I actually did this one, without a pattern, on my own.
 I bought a half yard of all the fabrics I used from my LQS and only needed probably an eighth of each for this quilt.  I also bought two panels.  For this quilt I used one panel.  (Needless to say, I have LOTS of extras for this line that I will one day make another small quilt like this out of). 
 I framed each panel block (or letter), sewed them all together and bordered them in yellow.  I used a scrappy binding out of the leftover fabrics.
I used the blue seer sucker type fabric from the same line for the backing.  My mom quilted this with a red thread using an apple patterned pantograph.  LOVE how it turned out.

Originally this was going to be another baby quilt, but with the alphabet and then the apple quilting, I've decided that this will go to my daughter's kindergarten teacher next month at the end of school.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I am just starting my descent into quilt addiction, and have really enjoyed looking through your blog! I added your site to my list of sewing/crafty blogs to follow, and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful projects! :-)

    ReplyDelete